SMCCI GROW HALAL & SMCCI GROW GLOBAL is an Executive-In-Residence (EIR) programme supported by Enterprise Singapore (ESG). SMCCI has identified Halal & Internationalization as key industries for growth and would like to assist SMEs to develop in these industries through the guidance of an experienced Executive-In-Residence. SMCCI welcomes SMEs to take part in this programme to explore growing exponentially in their business.
- Providing guidance and support for SMEs to flourish in the Halal industry.
- Identify and work with businesses on improvement areas and implementation of strategies for the Halal industry.
- Coordinate and integrate efforts to build relationships with key stakeholders, international partners, and various agencies
- To sign up, kindly fill up this application form and email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Grow Halal - Accelerate
Catered for businesses with a clear direction and strategy that wish to deepen their exposure in the current or intended market segment that they are entering.
Grow Halal - Scale Up
Curated for businesses that wish to start their business in the halal market or step up to the next level and require the full suite of services which is offered by the Executive-In-Residence.
- Providing guidance and support to the business in setting up a presence in new markets.
- Identify and work with businesses on improvement areas and implementation of strategies for preparation into global markets.
- Coordinate and integrate efforts to build relationships with key stakeholders, international partners, and various agencies.
- To sign up, kindly fill up this application form and email email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Grow Global - Accelerate
Catered for businesses with a clear direction and strategy that wish to deepen their exposure in the intended overseas market that they are entering.
Grow Global - Scale Up
Curated for businesses that wish to start their business or increase their presence in the overseas market and requires the full suite of services that is offered by the Executive-In-Residence.
Profile of EIR Programme Consultants
EIR Personnel (Halal)
- 8 years as Senior Welfare Officer in Ministry of Social Affairs / Community Development to manage probation cases and volunteer probation officers. To administer the Children and Young Persons Act and Women’s Charter.
- 12 years as Associate News Editor for Berita Harian, Singapore Press Holdings. He had reported some of the biggest stories in the Malay/Muslim community which includes stranded haj pilgrims, stranded sheep for korban, problems affecting self-help groups such as inter-agency relations between Mendaki and CDAC.
- 5 years as Assistant Director in Syariah Court, Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports (MCYS). Responsible for the smooth operations of the Court in administering Muslim divorce cases. Introduced Marriage Counselling Programme (MCP) to clear 4,000 outstanding divorce cases during his vocation. Under the above-mentioned programme, the Court had trained ‘agents of change’ or professionals / volunteers within the community, to reduce the high divorce rate.
- 6 years as Deputy Director, Community Relations and Engagement Division (Malay/Muslim Matters), Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY). Assisted Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs, the Cabinet and MUIS in formulating policies and resolving issues affecting our Malay/Muslim community. Helped develop policies on Joint Madrasah System (JMS), Mosque Upgrading Programme, amendments to the Administration of Muslim Law Act (AMLA), halal matters and policies, and the reorganisation of Warees Investment.
- 7 years seconded to Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura (MUIS). Has been assigned several portfolios, including halal, haj and Phase 6 of exhumation and reinternment projects for Choa Chu Kang Muslim Cemeteries. Also responsible for Fitrah, a unit responsible for the reduction of recidivism rate among Malay/Muslim offenders. This unit runs in-care and after programme for inmates and former inmates respectively.
EIR Personnel (Global)
40 years of career in Hospitality and Tourism Industry (from Front Desk Clerk to Sales & Marketing, Food & Beverage, Catering & Convention and Project Developments.)
Seen himself transform from a General Manager and consultant having managed several “turn around” and “start-up projects” in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.
3.5 years General Manager of the National Association of Travel Agents Singapore (NATAS)
Consultant and Event Manager for the 61st International Congress of Les Clefs d’Or held in Kuala Lumpur –a collaboration between The Society of the Golden Keys Malaysia, Tourism Malaysia and the Malaysia Convention and Exhibition Bureau –bringing together more than 500 Concierges from 44 Countries to Malaysia.
Executive Director of the Singapore Malay Chamber of Commerce & Industry, where he had the privilege and honour of working with many Trade Associations and Government Agencies including Singapore Business Federation as well as foreign missions and embassies.
Part of the AMTAS-SMCCI Joint Task Force in the pursuit to mitigate the restart of Umrah for the pilgrims from Singapore.
Currently involved -in an advisory capacity -to the Belitung Business Centre –an agency that has been set up primarily seeking investments and collaboration in the development of Belitung as the next Tourist Destination in Indonesia.
15 Jalan Pinang
35 Onan Road
For General Enquiries:
(65) 6297 9296
For Membership Enquiries:
(65) 9665 1222
For General Enquiries:
For Membership Enquiries: